In this course, students learn how to effectively manage information and time to make the best use of the stream of information that flows through the work environment.
What are the Course Objectives?
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Prevent information overload, and manage information by using the INFO process.
- Manage written, oral, and electronic information, and use memory more effectively.
- Manage outgoing information, and identify when it’s best to use written, oral, or electronic information.
- Identify characteristics and myths related to time, and manage time-related problems.
- Get organized, plan and prioritize, and identify the causes of and remedies for procrastination.
- Handle visitors, handle office interruptions, and delegate effectively.
- Manage team time, communicate and plan within a team, and use team time effectively
Who should do this course?
Staff at all levels in the organization that wants to improve their planning and organization competency so that they can get the very best results from their leadership, teams and colleagues in pursuit of maximum personal growth and the organization’s goals.
- Managing information
- Exploring information overload
- The INFO process
- Prioritizing tasks
- Identifying information sources
- Focusing information
- Organizing information
Managing incoming information
- Managing written information
- Understanding careful reading
- Managing oral information
- Taking notes
- Managing electronic information
- Managing e-mail
- Managing your memory
- Understanding human memory
Managing outgoing information
- Sending information
- Modes of sending information
- Sending written information
- Sending oral information
- Sending electronic information
- Time management
- Understanding time management
- Time management problems
- Identifying time management problems
- Identifying time management solutions
- Getting organized
- Understanding organization
- Planning and prioritizing
- Identifying the importance of planning
- Understanding procrastination
Coordinating time with others
- Interpersonal communication
- Understanding interpersonal communication
- Office interruptions
- Handling office interruptions
- Effective delegation
- Delegating work
Team time management
- Managing team time
- Understanding team time management
- Team communication and planning
- Planning a project
- Effective use of team time
- Using team time effectively