COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It is the product of a global task force and development team from ISACA, a nonprofit, independent association of nearly 100,000 governance, security, risk, and assurance professionals in 160 countries.
COBIT 5 incorporates the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
Why Use COBIT 5?
New user demands, industry-specific regulations and risk scenarios emerge every day. Maximizing the value of intellectual property, managing risk and security and assuring compliance through effective IT governance and management has never been more important.
No other framework focused on enterprise IT offers the breadth or benefits of COBIT. It helps enterprises of all sizes:
- Maintain high-quality information to support business decisions
- Achieve strategic goals through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- Maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable level
- Optimize the cost of IT services and technology
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies
Who Uses COBIT 5?
COBIT 5 is generic and useful for enterprises of all sizes, whether commercial, not-for-profit or in public sector.
COBIT 5 is used globally by those who have the primary responsibility for business processes and technology, depend on technology for relevant and reliable information, and provide quality, reliability and control of information and related technology.
Key COBIT 5 users include enterprise executives and consultants in the following areas:
- Audit and Assurance
- IT Operations
- Security and Risk Management
COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. Launched in April 2012, COBIT 5 helps maximize the value of information by incorporating the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
Learn the importance of an effective framework to enable business value. Delve into the elements of ISACA’s evolutionary framework to understand how COBIT 5 covers the business end-to-end and helps you effectively govern and manage enterprise IT. Developed for anyone interested in obtaining foundation-level knowledge of COBIT, the course explains the COBIT framework and supporting materials in a logical and example-driven approach.
Recommended Length: 6 sessions (3 hours/session)
Target Audience: IT auditors, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, process practitioners and managers in IT service providing firms
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will understand
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
- The COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation